Author Topic: Why can't I access any 3MX downloads?  (Read 4975 times)

Brianb

Why can't I access any 3MX downloads?
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:42:24 PM »
Hi

I want to load 3MX on my Elonex LLL and have decided, after considering all versions, on 3MX Retro.  But I can't find a download site.  In fact no 3MX distributions seem to be available for download though there are plenty of "false trails" which lead to a wilderness of software trivia. 

I also see that the healthy crop of LLL forum posts seems to have withered and died some time last year.

What's going on guys.

Maybe I could get an emailed zipped copy of the 3MX Retro recovery img file from some kind soul.

Brianb

T_Nut

Re: Why can't I access any 3MX downloads?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 04:25:28 PM »
Hi Brian
This should work hopefully :D  3MX Retro is in there. Between me and another member we will have most of the software for LLL

http://www.mediafire.com/?61uk8kimpjp2d

Many Thanks
Andrew

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:28:24 PM by T_Nut »
A linux Newbie. unemployed and getting bored

g3wyw

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 10:49:13 PM »
As a follow on from this, is this forum safe?

I would hate to see the resource go, because although I don't use my LLL as often as I used to, I have got it out recently and fired up to use in conjunction with getting my Raspberry Pi started.

I see that the cnmBook website is now only an archive of the Recovery and User Manual. The software repository has gone. Fortunately I think I have most of the downloads that were on there and elsewhere.

Paul

Jay

• Administrator
    • Unofficial Elonex One / Onet User Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 07:40:33 PM »
Hi.
There is not much active use these days and I disabled new registrations a bit back due to far too many spammers attempting to join the forum (they were getting blocked by the software but still more hassle than I currently have time for).
I intend to keep the forum live for as long as possible and will get in touch with active users if this ever changes.

Littlelinuxlaptop.com had a load of links and downloads - try there if you still need anything.

BTW I have a Pi on the way too !

All the best.

J

g3wyw

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 03:48:57 PM »
Hi Jay,

Thanks for update.

I found that the LittleLinuxLaptop forum  has a link to the CnM archive, so I copied it all from there.

I've actually wired up my USB TTL Comport to the console port in the battery box recently and now see the boot messages.

It seems I have some bad blocks!

All the best

Paul