Author Topic: Error IP Address Invalid  (Read 6446 times)

sheenad

Error IP Address Invalid
« on: January 07, 2009, 07:19:19 PM »
I bought three cnm notebooks for the kids so they can access the internet, chat rooms etc.  Everything working fine initially but two of the note books will now not connect to the network they both show IP address invalid,  Nothing has changed from when they were first set up, can anyone shed any light on this as the kids are now starting the argue again over the PC.  Any suggestions would be great.  thanks

Jay Turner

Re: Error IP Address Invalid
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 07:29:35 PM »
try moving them closer to the router and reconnect
Elonex OneT + Software hacks + 4Gig SD card

peterb

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 01:03:55 PM »
Have you run the sioftware updater?  That downloads a later driver which is more reliable.  You may need to use a cable connection to do that though.

midurix

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 02:07:47 PM »
This is an email which I have just sent maplin about my CnMbook, if you lot know the answer I would be very grateful!

The item is B grade stock and straight out of the box I tried to connect it to my wireless network and it says connected but it also says IP address invalid, I tried to manually put in the IP address for my network but I still got the same result, I tried changing the network security type but that didn’t help, I tried the update on your site for WLAN and it didn’t help, I tried a complete system restore which didn’t help, I have however tried to get the kernel upgrade which could be needed for some drivers to work to take it from V66 to V70 but the laptop doesn’t want to upgrade no matter how many times I go through the tutorial on the cnmlifestyle site, please help!

midurix

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 04:50:53 PM »
Ok, i jst found the answer to my own question! typing this on my CnMBook! On a piece of paper which must be an update by the manufacturer it says stuff about the invalid ip address thing, in my case its because i have a tiscali router which is terrible and was taking too long to get back to the laptop with the info, so i hav had to hide the network name and basicaly remove all security on my network to ge it working! the bit of paper says try refreshing after you get the ip error and also try setting the router wireless channel to 1,6 or 11

Estrella

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 07:06:27 PM »
I have the same problem. I just got a modem/router Pirelli and i get the same message: connected, bad ip address. Yet wifi channel is set to 11.

Direct ethernet connection works fine anyway.

My small puter is a vd tech. kernel is v 7.0
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:08:11 PM by Estrella »