Author Topic: Having trouble with wrong/unstable wifi connection, surgestions?  (Read 1965 times)

deepcore

Ok, so tried 3mx on my CmnBook. - and it works just great.
There is, however, one problem:

When trying to connect to my wifi (WPA/WPA2, TKIP) i can rarely connect. 90% of the times gets stuck at "Connected, Aquire IP address" whereafter it goes to "IP address invalid"

Sometimes (about 10% of the times i try) i can appearently connect to it, but in reality i am connected to another network (a nonprotected wifi nearby). I am sure of this as i got a completely wrong IP address (10.0.0.x instead of 192.168.3.x as is would be expedted. When this happens the graphical userinterface reports me as being on my own network though.

It is the same both for 3.1 Ultimate and 4.0 version.

Have anyone got an idea of what might be wrong?  The cmnbook pretty much looses its value for me if I cannot connect with the wifi.
Was thinking of upgrading to the new 2.6 kernel in hope it might resolve some of the problems. Anyone knows where that distribution is?, the link from the forum is broken.

vikingali

Re: Having trouble with wrong/unstable wifi connection, surgestions?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »
I use 3mx ultra 3 with 2.6 kernel on an Elonex 1+ and it connects to my router ok but can take up to 4mins sometimes but don't know if that is down to the router or the elonex but once its connected it works fine

T_Nut

Re: Having trouble with wrong/unstable wifi connection, surgestions?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 05:54:29 PM »
Hi
I have cnmbook from uk i can connect fine.From what i have heard on this forum some where wpa can be not reliable i use wep and router cannel to 8 i think . my router is a netgear one.
Hope this helps
Many Thanks
Andrew
A linux Newbie. unemployed and getting bored