Author Topic: Help!!!  (Read 1991 times)

Jh1993

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Help!!!
« on: May 03, 2011, 07:48:34 PM »
The place where you plug in the charger is damaged on my laptop. How do I fix it? Or charge it another way? Please reply. All help is much appreciated!!

wicknix

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 634
Re: Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 04:32:07 AM »
The solder holding the jack in place probably broke free. You could take the unit apart and resolder the connections. Or (i've done this with a windows ce netbook) go to radio shack and buy a new connector and splice it into the battery wiring. Then just pull the battery cover off and connect the charger to the battery. However doing it that way it IS possible to overcharge the battery.

Cheers.