Small update to anOS.
fbgnuboy - gameboy/gameboy color emulator that runs full speed
fceu - NES emulator runs full speed (without sound)
maelstrom - SDL port of a MAC astroids type game
rott - Rise of the Triad (SDL port of an old DOS game)
scummvm - includes Flight of the amazon queen (full working voice and music)
abook - address book
calcurse - calendar
hnb - notepad
htop - process monitor
milkytracker - mod/xm/s3m/it player/editor
snownews - news/rss reader
Anything to do with alsa as it was not needed.
Rebuilt SDL, mplayer, madplay, mpg123 etc without alsa support. This eliminates the annoying error messages related to alsa.
Other misc things i noticed.
For those that dont know, here are some tips:
* ctrl+alt+F1-F6 gives you 6 tty's to use.
* Launch links browser in gfx mode with: links-gui
* To run tmux terminal multiplexer start it like this: tmux attach -t 0 (this will make my keybindings work properly)
tmux is full of useful keybindings, similar to screen. Type: helpme to open a dialog box with my help file which
explains most of them along with other info.
* Games, emulators and mplayer work best outside of tmux. Switch to another tty to run them.
* WiFi is limited to OPEN networks only (limitation of old kernel and wifi driver with newer wpa_supplicant). Wifi is
preconfigured to connect to any open network in range. Running wifi-config with get you connected, and dont worry about the errors it spits out. It takes about 60 seconds to get connected.
* There isnt a sound mixer that works yet (aumix crashes) so to adjust volume open cplay and even without playing
any music you can adjust the volume with the 1 - 9 keys. 9=loudest, 1=lowest
* Poweroff/reboot/halt is broken. To shutdown use: halt -f then hold power button after machine reboots.
EDIT: if cplay wont play mp3... edit /etc/cplayrc and change the madplay command to "madplay %s"
as it didnt like all the other switches. I've also changed cplay so it can use mplayer to play videos. Now cplay acts like a nice file browser/media launcher.