Author Topic: Android on Jz  (Read 5258 times)

mewtwo

Android on Jz
« on: May 25, 2009, 08:06:44 PM »
Now that the Ingenic ftp server is up again, I looked around and found ftp://ftp.ingenic.cn/3sw/01linux/tmp/android-demo-jz.tar.bz2
Edit: mirror
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:10:48 PM by mewtwo »

Lochban

Re: Android on Jz
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 08:38:14 PM »
looks like this link is broken :(

mewtwo

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 09:10:01 PM »
Yes, the board added a http:// in fromt of the url. The correct one is
ftp://ftp.ingenic.cn/3sw/01linux/tmp/android-demo-jz.tar.bz2

cy8erpunk

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 11:52:33 AM »
This is awesome! Anybody fancy working on getting this installed on our miniBooks? It does looks as though we have to alter the mtd partitions, which runs the risk of bricking them.

Colin.

duttydea

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 12:21:39 PM »
This is awesome! Anybody fancy working on getting this installed on our miniBooks? It does looks as though we have to alter the mtd partitions, which runs the risk of bricking them.

Colin.

If someone can tell me how to do it!!

I will happily take the risk!!!!

just tried ringing CnM and as soon as i mentioned  3mx or android they put up a brick wall!!! >:( >:( >:( ???

never tell them you are using 3MX!!!!! ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 01:22:44 PM by duttydea »

Whiskers

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 01:39:55 PM »

Colin.

If someone can tell me how to do it!!

I will happily take the risk!!!!

just tried ringing CnM and as soon as i mentioned  3mx or android they put up a brick wall!!! >:( >:( >:( ???

never tell them you are using 3MX!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Is the 'Android' build is meant for the "Skytone Alpha 680" touchscreen machines?  <http://www.skytone.net.cn/en/products.php?bigclass=4&smallclass=14&show_type=2>   They have an ARM processor, not the MIPSEL of 'our' machines.  If so that operating system is not compatible with our hardware.

mewtwo

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 02:16:39 PM »
Is the 'Android' build is meant for the "Skytone Alpha 680" touchscreen machines?  <http://www.skytone.net.cn/en/products.php?bigclass=4&smallclass=14&show_type=2>   They have an ARM processor, not the MIPSEL of 'our' machines.  If so that operating system is not compatible with our hardware.
No, than it wouldn't lie around on Ingenic's ftp server (they produce the Jz4730 MIPS SoC used in the Alpha 400) - the build is indeed meant for the Jz4750,  but if I've read the specs correctly, this only adds a TV encoder and is clocked at a slightly higher frequency (360MHz).
There is some news about the android mips port, too.
This image probably won't run on the Alpha 400 without any change as it's meant for Ingenic's evaluation boards - the recovery screen didn't accept the rootfs image either.