Author Topic: msn  (Read 1901 times)

jackie

msn
« on: December 23, 2010, 09:02:38 PM »
hi i got this cnm book about 2 years ago but hardly used it. my partner used it for a while for browsing the internet and chatting on msn, it worked fine for about 2 months then msn stopped working, we have downloaded all the updates tried everything we can think of but just cant get msn to work.... when you sign in it says ''protocol is not supported by the server''  does anyone here know how to sort this out??
thanks for reading...

wicknix

Re: msn
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »
The MSN program that came on the machine is really old. MSN likes to update their login protocol every now and then, as does yahoo. There is a simple solution if you aren't afraid to install 3MX Ultra on it. I rebuilt the messenger program and even included facebook chat with it. :)

Download here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1ffcea/n/Recovery_3MX-Ultra3.img

Put this file on a FAT16 or FAT32 formatted sd card. Power on the netbook holding F3 until the recovery program starts. Hit enter 3 times and wait about 15 minutes. The netbook will reboot into 3MX and you will have a much nicer operating system to play with and your MSN will work again.

Installing this is safe, as it's no different than using the stock recovery.img. Here is what it looks like:

Cheers.