Author Topic: System Release v4 (french-20090810)  (Read 2123 times)

1234s282

System Release v4 (french-20090810)
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:04:54 AM »
Hey Everyone

It's been a while since i visited here or used my LLL but ive just found teh new v4 release on the skytone site (Dated 20090810) but its obviously notin English. Loading it up on my machine now as im quite intrigued as to the size of it (380MB) - Much bigger than all other recovery images.

Possibly over the next few weeks Il be providing screenshots etc and analysing this new OS in detail. Then il be trying to put my 4 years of french to the test and can hopefully offer a translated english version soon!

OK , well install has finished and heres a few new features:-

Classic Theme = Default. However , the icon texdt is white on a pale background - not nice on the eye!

Navigation - New icons on Work tab for leafpad. New icon on Play tab for Gameboard suite.

USB/SD mount and battery meter are now on the ight hand side of the toolbar, next to the clock (which has also had a facelift but is currently pale green on a blue taskbar - again not too nice on the eye!)

Slightly new way of naming folders , all personal folders are called DISK_1. Mounted USB devices are named USB_1 , USB_2 etc but are no longer mounted under USB (Used to be USB/USB_1)

Software Installer - "Auto Update" tick box.. Gameboard is preinstalled. There is also now a "details" button which provides a list of installed kernel/software/driversr and version numbers.

Preinstalled software includes Pidgin 2.5.2 , Sylpheed 2.4.1 , Stardict 2.4.8. , Gnumeric 1.6.3 , Abiword 2.4.5 , Leafpad 0.8.9 and SCreenshot 1.0.0

Currently set to English language and UK keyboard (changed from default of course!)

and now a preview for you all. As you can see i need to sort out the icons at the bottom right so we can see the windows logo but its a start!

Watch This Space!

1234s282
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:08:21 AM by 1234s282 »