Author Topic: Newbie Alert! Elonex ONEtplus questions [firmware/icons/directory tree]  (Read 3953 times)

nigelmercier

I've just bought an Elonex ONEtplus (LNX/NB/ONEtplus/N5008BLK). I'm a complete novice to Linux, and to this device, but I'm regarded as a PC guru by my friends - although they are probably wrong :)

First thing I did was a hard reset, then I got the latest Recovery Image from Elonex. After that I discovered that there was an updated firmware (V70) on the CnM Lifestyle web site. So I think I'm up-to-date (assuming these work OK together), but now have some questions:

[1] I noticed that the firmware came with a new boot image (picture, not a data file). I modified this after I installed the firmware, then tried to do the three-key-shuffle (Shift/FN/F1) to re-load the firmware with the new picture. Didn't work. Can this boot image be modified?

[2] I've read several posts about customizing the icons that appear on the 5 tabs, but I can't find how to access the files they mention. File Manager only seems to look at My Documents etc. I really want to have one tab dedicated to the main functions of the device: web browsing, email, and editing a specific .doc file.

[3] Speaking of My Documents, is it possible to rename the folders (directories) in this tree? It would seem more logical to have My Files as the root, with My Documents etc below.

Nigel
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 07:12:46 PM by nigelmercier »

nigelmercier

Looks like I can skip [2] and [3] - I've discovered 3MX Ultra!