Author Topic: And the heavens opened up!!  (Read 2681 times)

kloak

And the heavens opened up!!
« on: March 21, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »
Hey guys, I'm new to this community...old to microelectronics. Has anybody noticed this thing is made of off the shelf prototyping parts? Has anybody done any surface mounting yet? I've been turning my LLL into a tablet, I found the touch sensor online for 10 dollars....and yeah it works.....Anybody else interested in expanding the microcontroller as well? It has a lot of spare room if you havent noticed...just curious

jakfish

Re: And the heavens opened up!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 12:56:00 AM »
Sounds fascinating.  Can you post some screenshots of your working kit?

Jake

kloak

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 01:11:20 AM »
Absolutely!! I've actually ordered some more supplies.....and 2 more LLL's, I'm going to do a step by step tutorial with good detailed pics. The touch sensor is wired in through the internal USB, I've not delved into expanding the components themselves yet.....But I've been pulling plenty of stuff out of old HTC cell phones that will surly be useful, And I've ordered some interesting breakout boards, I'm going to try to install a 3.0mp CMOS camera as my first big project.....I'm a bit scared though heheh I have a good source for my touch screens and I don't want yall buying em up on me! LOL

jakfish

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:38:26 AM »
Keep us posted :)

Jake

kloak

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 04:26:51 AM »
Does this community of crazy people who love this silly thing in all its incarnations of "Sticker brands" have a irc? or something? I'm also into HTC TyTn II's ...so I'm always over at XDA-Developers too. anyway, yah, This LLL device.....It's got so much untapped potential under the hood, The chinese just screwed the pooch in trying to rush OS development (True story: They pushed these onto the market for sale during the U.S 2008 stimulus payout season) We can get alot more out of these things because believe it or not.....Thats our technology under the hood, We can gather and understand more about the stuff stamped onto that motherboard than the people who designed it. (and mass produced it using prototyping boards) We have access to the related material associated with every component on that board, and make it all work better with the Linux kernel we've got to work with, and by continuing to support the development of 3mx ....And get those coveted features I know for a fact this hardware could handle if properly instructed to do so. (I'm trying to be subtle but we both know im talking about flash and content rich RIA's like google docs) Understand, the makers of this product put it together like legos and got it to turn on, they never put any research into making it preform. look at the joke OS it shipped with, and tell me anbody took pride in this thing.