Author Topic: ELONEX ONE T Back light is broken.  (Read 2429 times)

Dragonator

ELONEX ONE T Back light is broken.
« on: March 15, 2010, 12:43:57 AM »
I received an Elonex One-t a few months ago and used it mostly as an ebook reader in bed. That led to a problem with the power cable and plug, because of the uneven blankets that kept moving the power plug to the point that it didn't make proper contact any more. I sort of solved it by keeping it on a level surface on the table and not moving the cord or the plug so it maintained contact. But now the screen started flickering and eventually died. I think it's the back light because when I shine light on the screen the reflection looks like the thing works fine, just that the screen is dark. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Also, there is no warranty.

The screen started flickering yesterday and now it died when I turned the light off with the button and it won't come back on even after I rebooted it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

kisma

Re: ELONEX ONE T Back light is broken.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 08:24:58 AM »
hi
you can attempt to repair it yourself if you feel you are confident enough,but the low cost of the units makes some repairs unfeasable making buying a new laptop the cheapest option.
Without stripping down and testing the unit it is impossible to properly diagnose the exact problem but it sounds like the ccfl (backlight) this is also the cheapest part for this repair. search ebay "laptop ccfl" you need to know what size.
It could be the inverter or the screen itself. look here for a guide http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2007/12/09/replace-laptop-backlight-ccfl-lamp/ This will give you some idea  as it may be easier for you to replace the screen assembly as a "package" 
Your local repair centre may do a "no repair no fee" deal and give you a free quote
If you can arrange for delivery and collection to me I can give you a more detailed costing pm me for details

kisma

kisma

Re: ELONEX ONE T Back light is broken.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:35:42 AM »
hi
just on the subject of repairs to these laptops
The are very few components that can be repaired or replaced however I have carried out a  repairs to the power jack on a couple of these and It seems to be a common fault reading through a few threads on this forum, care needs to be taken that no undue pressure is exerted when plugging in and  weight is not exerted to the power point.(best to lay on a flat surface when in use).

If anyone needs a repair as above pm me

kisma