Author Topic: V70  (Read 2694 times)

bantam_1954

V70
« on: February 15, 2010, 08:08:40 AM »
Hi: new here so forgive if Ive posted in the wrong place:
Done everything this forum suggests re the up grade to V70 but my CNM will not up grade: the CNM help desk has been less than help full. Has anyone ant further ideas- please !!!!!!

g3wyw

Re: V70
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 09:38:52 PM »
This has been asked before, but it does work.

What happens and what have you done exactly?

We'll try to help, but need a bit more information.

Regards

bantam_1954

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 07:04:49 PM »
Dowloaded the zip file to a brand new 2 gb sd card in fat format. put into machine. pressed fn+shift+F1 and then switched on (as per the forum instructions). Got a brownish screen and white lines. Nothing else .
The CNm help desk said get another card !!!!!! Theres nothing wrong with the card.
Help would be great Thanks

sjoos

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 07:11:04 PM »
what was the name of the img file? did it start with "Alpha400"?
You pressed F3 while rebooting?

Leven2e

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 10:24:22 PM »
have you unzipped the file before putting in ya SD card?

lemon dexter

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 08:48:55 PM »
Don't know whether this helps, but I've found the fn+shift+F1 combination can be a bit temperamental! I routinely swap between V70 and the backlight or dual boot images and I have got used to the need to get the timing right. Although the nature of the SD card seems to be part of the problem according to some posts, I have found that pressing the on/off key followed AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE with the fn+shift+F1 combination works OK, but for some strange reason I have found pressing the Fn key followed by the Shift key followed by the F1 key, holding down each one very quickly after the other in that sequence (so all are held down eventually), sometimes makes the difference between the uImage flashing properly. The other thing to note is this takes only a second or so MAXIMUM. If it doesn't almost immediately (less than a second) show the new splash screen for the new uImage, it's probably failed - e.g if it goes to the rather psychedelic 60's fade!

Hope this helps someone!

Unhban

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 12:20:27 AM »
Hey! 60's psychedelic fade? Cool! Can we please make this accessible as a desktop icon? Nice!

;D

Unh.