Author Topic: Elonex ONEt+  (Read 3659 times)

lukeve

Elonex ONEt+
« on: September 17, 2008, 04:48:11 PM »
After waiting 7 months We finally received our Elonex One t+ yesterday.
I've spent two days trying to get on the net & getting through to the Elonex technical support.
Sum total ? its completely useless.
It times out both going on the net & sending/receiving e-mails.
I can only conclude many other people are having similar problems as no one has rung me from tech support.

We were attracted to the Elonex by its small footprint & weight, ideal to use when travelling. However there are now many very small netbooks on the market & I presume some of those actually work.
Even the office programmes are very slow.
Anyone got a tenner?

mikst

Re: Elonex ONEt+
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 07:04:53 PM »
Hi,

I finally got mine for my daughter yesterday after ordering it in May. Had lots of fun and games trying to get it on the internet via wi-fi. It connected no problem using ethernet cable. I have just managed to get it to connect using wi-fi not sure how i got it to work but i tried these few things.

Went on http://www.elonex.com/support and downloaded the latest software using Ethernet cable.

Opened up my Linksys router settings and change router to 802.11b not mixed or 802.11g.

Done a soft reset and hard reset after trying the above.

It now appears to be working on the internet but i've not set up any email yet till my daughter gets in and tells me what email account she wants to use with it.

Hope some of this helps.

Mick