Author Topic: wicknix retro distro (HELP)  (Read 3515 times)

fastboy

wicknix retro distro (HELP)
« on: October 01, 2009, 10:16:20 AM »
first of all i want to say Great work wicknix for the retro distro its excellent, Secondly I have 2 problems that i need help with:- First one i want to delete the video online program but it dont show up in the software installer, or even if i could delete the icon would be good, and the same for the mario delux icon??? any help would be useful.
Also couldnt we have videolan media player working on the retro or standard OS???

wicknix

Re: wicknix retro distro (HELP)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 12:39:32 PM »
To delete the desktop icons, just open MC and navigate to /share/applications and look for the desired files. Highlight and hit F8 to delete. I believe you want to delete Linvideos.desktop and mariobros.desktop.

Nope. VLC won't work on retro or default OS. The required libraries and dependencies don't exist and/or are too old in both those systems.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 12:45:09 PM by wicknix »

fastboy

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »
Thank you, I knew i was doing something wrong i was looking in /share/pixmaps for the files, ill have ago at doing that when im home tonight, i might even give 3MX 4.0 a blast later too before i get everything all setup just the way i like it on the retro.

Leven2e

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 01:42:33 PM »
I have installed this OS the other day,but cannot connect to my wireless network ("IP address invalid"). What should I do?What do I need to change?  ???
EDIT: now connected!!  :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 01:45:27 PM by Leven2e »

LilYoda

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 09:06:15 PM »
Hey y'all

I'm reinstalling the retro OS, and would like to have my xmodmap loaded at boot time
Would anyone have a suggestion as to where I would add the xmodmap command?

By the way, I noticed that the links in the 4th tab to load a specific keymap don't seem to work.  I get an error when clicking on them, and no keymap is loaded.

Thanks in advance

Brgrds

LilYoda

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 11:48:30 PM »
Update: found it after trying to edit a bazilion files
There's a /etc/init.d/xkb.data, that contained only the xmodmap.uk line
I replaced the content by xmodmap.fr
Then I copied the xmodmap for my surfone to /up/share/xmodmap/xmodmap.fr and to /share/xmodmap/xmodmap.fr
That did the trick