Author Topic: Media player  (Read 5618 times)

vedder

Media player
« on: September 06, 2008, 03:54:14 PM »
Hi,

I've just had the Elonex OneT delivered. I tried playing an AVI file through the media player and it pixalates badly and skips badly...has anyone else had this problem??

Cheers,

Mark

Serge

Re: Media player
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 04:01:28 PM »
Yes it is not very brilliant, this said it depands what kind of AVI files you try to play.
Some works better than other, depanding on the resolution.
Apart from that and the sound which is hopeless Iloved the t+ !
Good luck!

thekanester

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 08:48:42 AM »
Yes, you have to keep the bit-rate quite low and the resolution for that matter too. I have a bunch of movies which I converted from DVD to my iPaq (320x240 screen) a few years ago and those tend to play alot better. The poor little <400MHz processor just isn't up to the job of anything with a higher bitrate, sadly.

spielberg

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 01:16:21 AM »
Duh - sorry I blame the hour but I posted something for the Onet in the ordinary One section - I've corrected that but don't think I can just delete this entry?

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:19:54 AM by spielberg »

ned

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 11:48:27 AM »
You can delete it Go in to the post and use the "Remove" icon top right.

glassjaw

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 10:40:05 AM »
The OneT is a low spec laptop and would find anything recent difficult to play.  I have a largish collection of XVID, AVI etc from years and years ago (some I even made myself by ripping DVDs in Ms-DOS) - so speaking with some experience in the video playing 'field' you would be better of with older XVIDs and AVI (old DIVX) for example.  It can play MPG etc okay but I dumped that collection years ago - bah!

Leven2e

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 11:40:02 AM »
yes!
The Hun.