Author Topic: Bad IP Address on WiFi  (Read 4648 times)

jasuk70

Bad IP Address on WiFi
« on: September 15, 2008, 08:51:46 PM »
Hi, I finally got my OneT+ today. And I've been trying to set up the WiFi on it. I've patched the updater and downloaded the new wifi patch using the software updater, but I still do not seem to be able to get it to connect to my BT Home Hub 2.0 box. It keeps connecting/disconnecting and when I see it has connected it gets Bad IP Address.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Jas

jasuk70

Re: Bad IP Address on WiFi
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 09:14:24 AM »
After much rebooting of hub and onet It seems to now connect without any errors. I'm not sure what I did, but it seems to work.

Jas

Unhban

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »
I leave mine for about a minute after I get the desktop and then do things with it, and it's always OK. If I start playing with the wifi during that minute I always get problems. Perhaps it's still booting up during that minute and it's getting confused...

jasuk70

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 03:15:52 PM »
Once I got a stable connection. It seems to work now from switch on now. I'm wondering if it was after the patch got installed something didn't start correctly and a few re-boots later fixed. Now if only I could do something about that one dead pixel!

:)

Jas

oldbloke

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 01:45:31 PM »
Once I got a stable connection. It seems to work now from switch on now. I'm wondering if it was after the patch got installed something didn't start correctly and a few re-boots later fixed. Now if only I could do something about that one dead pixel!

:)

Jas

Jas,
Mine won't connect to our network from boot. It only connects if I click the WiFi icon, let it search and then "connect" to our network.
How would I get it to automatically connect?
BTW I already have our network setup as a preferred network.

Martin

jasuk70

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 11:21:59 PM »
Mine just connects automatically after powering up. All I did was connect to it. Set the pass code and then said yes to preferred network.

Jas

oldbloke

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 07:34:36 PM »
Hmmm....
I tried that Jas.
Deleted all the WiFi entries I could find, rebooted, connected afresh, entered key /SSID and entered it into the preferred network list.
Still won't automatically connect as it says it should  >:(

Anyone any ideas?

Martin

Unhban

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 12:46:22 PM »
Have a look at my post REPLY #2 above... if I leave the 1T for about a minute after the desktop has come up and don't touch anything.... then after the minute has passed then click on the wifi icon it's most times automatically connected OK (it does still say searching for a few seconds but then comes up with all the details and connected...).

My 1T was a bit iffy on ch.11 so I set the modem/router to 10 and it's OK.

Also, the machine seems to run faster if I've left it alone for a minute....

« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 12:48:33 PM by Unhban »

oldbloke

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 12:19:24 PM »
Have a look at my post REPLY #2 above... if I leave the 1T for about a minute after the desktop has come up and don't touch anything.... then after the minute has passed then click on the wifi icon it's most times automatically connected OK (it does still say searching for a few seconds but then comes up with all the details and connected...).

My 1T was a bit iffy on ch.11 so I set the modem/router to 10 and it's OK.

Also, the machine seems to run faster if I've left it alone for a minute....

OK.
I have given up attempting to connect the T+ to our WPA2 network (I'm no longer willing to compromise security with WEP)
Granted it will connect to A network after some time if I leave it alone after boot (someone in the neighbourhood is using an unsecured network  :o )

I still have not received any reply to an e-mail sent on 22nd Sept. to Elonex support raising several issues including WiFi problems.  >:(

Martin

Unhban

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 02:09:53 PM »
OK, just have a look at my post #20 here:

Elonex Onet & Onet+ / Standard Software & Operating System / WiFi Problems / Page 2

It's a list of my wifi router settings - something may just help you.

All the best!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 02:12:02 PM by Unhban »