Author Topic: SD cards that work?  (Read 6296 times)

Unhban

• Thinks....
SD cards that work?
« on: September 13, 2008, 11:30:42 AM »
My Integral 2GB SD High Speed card works OK. But it's fairly full with music, so was thinking of getting an 8GB SDHC card type 6. They're about £16 from SVP.... Has anyone tried a SDHC card? It says on the SVP site that the HC ones are 'not compatible with standard SD-enabled devices/readers'.....

helidave

Re: SD cards that work?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 10:04:55 AM »
The Maximum size for SD cards and USB devices has been stated to be 4Gb by CnM lifestyle who provide the Maplin version. I have tried a 16Gb USB stick and it only sees 4Gb which seems to confirm it.

kenstan

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 03:17:54 PM »
I loaded up the Large Drive Support driver from Downlaods on http://www.cnmlifestyle.com/ and was able to use a 8gb SDHC and 8gb USB stick fine. The site says the driver gives support to 32gb.

tonyk

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 10:57:41 PM »
I loaded up the Large Drive Support driver from Downlaods on http://www.cnmlifestyle.com/ and was able to use a 8gb SDHC and 8gb USB stick fine. The site says the driver gives support to 32gb.

Useful to know  :) - what what 'Class' rating is your SDHC card?
Onet + 4GB Transcend SD card

Jay

• Administrator
    • Unofficial Elonex One / Onet User Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 02:19:29 PM »
Mine is working fine with 4GB SanDisk SDHC card that I got from Play.com.  I think it is a class 2 (it has an emblem which appears to be a '2' within a capital 'C')

BTW Amazon have got some 8GB class 6 cards for just over a tenner at the moment.

sheppertonsound

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 08:16:13 PM »
One of the posts re. this query stated that they had managed to download a file that enabled use of larger than 4GB SD cards, BUT, I cannot even find a downloads page!

Obviously a case of ageism, but I would be delighted to discover where to find the related-to link!

I have acquired a Kingston 4GB SDHC card.  Can anyone confirm or deny that this will work O.K. with MiniBoook?

Bill

tonyk

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 10:13:29 PM »
Hi Bill, this is the link you're after...

http://194.150.201.35/cnmlifestyle/downloads.htm
Onet + 4GB Transcend SD card

utd_grant

• This is not me (sorry to disappoint !)
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 01:36:28 PM »
I've been using a 2GB SanDisk SD card as my main OneT memory and a 512MB one which usually lives in my digital camera. Never had a second's trouble with either of them.
Elonex ONEt: user since Xmas 2008.
OS Version: ELX-V07 + extras
Ubuntu: user since May 2008.
Windows:  user/programmer since the dawn of time. :)
Linux Level: working towards 'Intermediate'.

waldgrun

SD Cards
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 09:54:23 AM »
As there seems to be problems with various types of SD cards not being suited to our small machines. I feel that perhaps we could compile a list of ones known to work. All that is needed I feel is the Name and Type size etc.

i.e Aldi's (Meldon) own brand micro sd with adapter 2GB sold every few weeks as special about £6.99 (Using this type currently (with no problems so far!)

duttydea

• You wont know untill you search, then ask!!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 11:43:13 AM »
Scandisk 4GB Micro SD & adapter works, along with the Poundland's USB SD/MMC Reader (MMC will not work with LLL)

rodonn

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 10:34:45 AM »
Sandisk 8Gb UltraII SDHC works fine... ;D

waldgrun

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »
Morrisons have had Sandisk 4GB SDHC cards on offer at £6.00, and again I have had no problems so far!