Author Topic: Adobe Printer for Linux PDF Printer of page  (Read 3266 times)

alpha400_crabini

Adobe Printer for Linux PDF Printer of page
« on: April 14, 2009, 05:01:55 AM »
Adobe Printer for Linux PDF Printer of page ' I have for my XP laptop its called PDF printer, it makes a PDF file of the page you are on or even from screen view. Would be nice to have when a printer is not available for later printing.

Leven2e

Re: Adobe Printer for Linux PDF Printer of page
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 09:20:23 AM »
hi,did you try if google docs can do the job for you? See here : http://docs.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=69064&hl=en
The Hun.

Whiskers

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 07:49:17 PM »
I think the best answer to that is to use "cups-pdf", a program that works in conjunction with CUPS (or 'printer manager' as it's known on the CnMbook) to create Portable Document Format files from any print job.  With that installed, you get something like 'print to a PDF file' as one of the 'Printers' you can print to.

Unfortunately, I can't find that in a form ready to install on the Little Linux Laptop.  Perhaps one of those who already know how to make installation files for these machines will be kind enough to get around to it? ...

The source code is at <http://www.cups-pdf.de/welcome.shtml>, and I expect there is a .deb for the version of Debian that our operating system is derived from.

Meanwhile, the Word Processor we have (called "Xip Word" on the CnMbook, actually "AbiWord") can 'Save as ...' a PDF file - for what that's worth.

I don't think we need to have anything to do with Adobe  ;))
CnMbook user since March 2009; Linux user since about 2003.

Leven2e

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 07:57:08 PM »
also there are firefox add-ons those may do the job,but I didn't try them yet (maybe now...)
edit: I tried one of them,called "PDFit". It worked for me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:26:05 PM by Leven2e »
The Hun.