Author Topic: 3MX Install Guide  (Read 33981 times)

SilvioRJBrazil

Re: 3MX Install Guide
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2009, 08:33:13 PM »
 ??? Now I bought a Kingston 2gb SD to try upgrading to v70 again and install any operating system. I could not seem that my EPC 700 only read when it comes to USB, but I tried all possible recoverys files and can not resolve ... or just bad file or installation in 2 min restart and does not start the system. What to do? I would put it to work even with the old system (linux bad). I hope you can help me because here in Brazil ningue meche with such technology unless with the asus which are already well known. THANKS AGAIN!

jon_doh

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2010, 07:45:30 PM »
Loved 3mx............ however i get invalid ip address from my wifi which is dhcp...... i set it manually and that was fine but the dns wouldnt work...... i had to give up after 2 hours which irritated me lol ideas?

wicknix

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2010, 09:33:57 PM »
Try restarting your router and/or changing it's channel. That seems to be an odd issue with these machines using WPA. It does work though. :)

Cheers.

plugs7

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2010, 04:06:56 PM »
I never could get 54Mbps 802.11g working on RC4, seemed to be something to do with how my AP's switched into auto long/short preamble mode on 11g (3 different Senao/Engenius 3054-CB3plus Long-range 11g's in AP/Router mode). Tried every channel, SSID mode, WEP/WPA encryption & even totally unsecured with no joy. All Absolutely fine in 11b using any of the above settings. Original distro & 3mx 1.x & 3.x had all been fine, but I liked 3mx RC4 so much I crippled most of my WiFi for all my other machines by running the main AP in 11b for about 3 months. Eventually tried & quite liked the speed of RC 1.2, & since it connected fine in 11g I decided to run with it & tolerate the few bits I missed from RC4 as I could revert the whole WiFi net to 11g. Now wix (You da man!) has given us 3mx ultra it brings back almost everything I liked about RC4, with the speed & responsiveness of the retro/RC1.x versions, & 54g still connects fine. Took me a while to figure out how to get the "widget" dock items to run vertically down the right side as per RC4 (edit it in /etc/jwm/jwmrc, not Rox-filer like I was trying doh!) & they don't look quite so cute as in RC4, but they're there & they "mostly" work (memory/swapfile bars are inaccurate/slow to update or even freeze).

(Sorry, drifting off there...) All in all, 3mx ultra seems to be the final piece which makes my Elonex 1t into the baby I wanted & thought from the specs I was buying in the first place. I now have a dinky, cheap & fairly solid machine which is always in my toolbox, connects universally, & fills all my lightwieght browsing, email, office & media player needs smoothly & reliably on the road or in the bath. Thanks for that!

wicknix

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2010, 07:20:49 PM »
Thanks, glad you enjoy it.  ;D