Author Topic: 3MX Install Guide  (Read 33223 times)

Unhban

• Thinks....
Re: 3MX Install Guide
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2009, 10:07:38 AM »
Hairyloon, wonder if it's worth doing a full reset using the little RESET hole, on the side/underneath? (can't remember where now, never needed to use it...  ;) )

Unh.
PS. remember that the F3 key needs to be pressed down continually till the Recovery screen comes up. Good luck!

Hairyloon

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2009, 10:13:21 PM »
Hairyloon, wonder if it's worth doing a full reset using the little RESET hole, on the side/underneath? (can't remember where now, never needed to use it...  ;) )
Yeah, tried that, makes no odds.

PS. remember that the F3 key needs to be pressed down continually till the Recovery screen comes up. Good luck!
For how long?  10 mins? 20?
Haven't put a clock to it, but I've tried it for a fair while.

Unhban

• Thinks....
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 09:23:41 AM »
How long? Oh about ten seconds....

So perhaps there is a problem with your BIOS?

There are other combinations of key presses that have been mentioned in the past, not necessarily for this but may be worth a try to see if you get some sort of result e.g. FN+CTRL+F2. Only ever used the F3 one myself so not sure what the others do....  Anyone?

Unh.

Leven2e

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2009, 05:39:53 PM »
maybe the key is pressing it immediately !
The Hun.

mrdeano

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2009, 06:53:36 PM »
Ctrl + FN + F3

OR

F3

For me anyway :) I always press the button when the loading screen first appears rather then when I turn it on.

Hairyloon

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 11:20:50 AM »
How long? Oh about ten seconds....

Yeah, guessed it something like that.
So perhaps there is a problem with your BIOS?
Could be, any clues how to fix?
There are other combinations of key presses that have been mentioned in the past, not necessarily for this but may be worth a try to see if you get some sort of result e.g. FN+CTRL+F2. Only ever used the F3 one myself so not sure what the others do....  Anyone?
I've tried various.
The only thing that does anything else is FN+Ctrl+F2, which seems to be some kind of reset, but that does not help any.

KneeOn

• "The Baby of LLF!"
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2009, 01:32:19 PM »
FN+Control+F2, is MBR reset, which is what I did before i formatted for the first time.

Now, as far as I know, there is only one way of doing a recovery reset (not MBR), which was the F3 key. It works on the Elonex that way, and i believe the CNM, although i can't say for sure because i don't own one of those.
"Wow baby i was booorn! With a fast fuuuuse!"
"I wanna go fast!"
"Tango With Added Tango... You've been Tango'd!"

This has been my first experiance with linux, the LLL. Now i have installed it on the laptop that came with M$.!

SilvioRJBrazil

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2009, 10:28:17 PM »
Hi, i`m sorry for my bad english, i`m brazilian; I have one EPC 700 and and it worked normally with Linux factory. When I tried to install the 3mx end he caught, began installing more in 4. He restarted the notebook, now he no longer starts either with his original system, I tried doing the recovery with all recoverys possible 3mx the new and the old Elonex onet new and old and even the manufacturers themselves, he says it all: error bad file or intao the process ends in less than 1 minute restart the PC and not into the system, Can anyone give me a light on how to solve it? here in Brazil do not have any support in this lap top. Thank you very much.

KneeOn

• "The Baby of LLF!"
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2009, 06:59:46 AM »
Have you tried re flashing the kernel? That is, downloading an MBR from the CNM website, and then installing? Hope this helps because i'm at a loss
"Wow baby i was booorn! With a fast fuuuuse!"
"I wanna go fast!"
"Tango With Added Tango... You've been Tango'd!"

This has been my first experiance with linux, the LLL. Now i have installed it on the laptop that came with M$.!

SilvioRJBrazil

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 05:24:05 PM »
I tried to update the firmware as teaches at the site of CNM could not get over the pc does not recognize the installation ... and continues to appear v66 ... I can not install any recovery, tried with the 2 that the CNM has more site also could not. He begins to recognize the installation file recovery starts to reinstall the system more in 4. it restarts the pc and not come off the startup screen ... I do not know what to do more, not really even know the manufacturer of my epc700 not know if it's trandtac or cnm model is the same as the more cnm not sure ... so it has written down EPC 70001A0 ... Can anyone help me?

SilvioRJBrazil

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 09:05:57 PM »
I have other problem now ... in the first page of the 700 the epc my laptop dont read the SD card .... only the usb stick ... what can i do?

wicknix

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2009, 04:46:27 AM »
Unfortunately reflashing only works with SD, not USB. Are you sure the SD card is in the right way? It's odd but these machines need the SD card to be upside down (contacts facing up) when inserted.

Cheers.

jimux

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2009, 10:02:26 AM »
I had a lot of trouble when upgrading.  It is easy to corrupt an SD card so that it is no longer read by the netbook.  The files are quite long and data is still being written when all activity lights have stopped. 
Have a look using a desktop PC to ensure that the files are still on the card.
In the end I adopted the policy of writing files, waiting 10 minutes and then shutting down the PC before removing the SD card.

SilvioRJBrazil

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2009, 06:43:03 PM »
I'll try to do this in the pc wait ten minutes ... while the other response, yes it is inserted upside down it is as if unaware of its content ... I do not know what to do ..

SilvioRJBrazil

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2009, 08:32:42 PM »
Now I bought a Kingston 2gb SD to try upgrading to v70 again and install any operating system. I could not seem that my EPC 700 only read when it comes to USB, but I tried all possible recoverys files and can not resolve ... or just bad file or installation in 2 min restart and does not start the system. What to do? I would put it to work even with the old system (linux bad). I hope you can help me because here in Brazil ningue meche with such technology unless with the asus which are already well known. THANKS AGAIN!