Author Topic: unable to update kernel to v70  (Read 1675 times)

ansc

unable to update kernel to v70
« on: March 29, 2009, 12:19:44 PM »
I have a CnM Minibook from Maplin with v47 kernel and I got the new firmware.zip file, extracted the files and followed the procedure for kernel upgrading but when I press shift+fn+f1 I get a combination of 1122[[  an do not get v70 in the left corner.

I tried several times and I sometimes get the screen "dancing" once it gets to the gui window and need to reboot

Another problem I get is when I use log out it is impossible to get the miniBook back on, the on button doesn't react and then it starts working after a while.

Another thing I am interested to know is upgrading to the new 3MX version, I am sure that I have seen somewhere that prior to move I need to check the version of .IMO ? or similar file used and cannot find this info anywhere now,  do I still need to check the version of this file and how do I do this and how do I know which version of CnM Minibook I have, are there few releases of this miniBook? And would I be able to move to 3MX straight from v47 of kernel?

Many thanks to anyone who can help!

alsaf

Re: unable to update kernel to v70
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 08:51:21 PM »
Not sure if it is worth downloading the Kernel image contained in link  uImage1.zip at the Recovery Image page on the cnm page.  I was able  to downgrade to v64 from v70 by using it.  If you can get it to v64, you will get it to version v70.

http://www.cnmlifestyle.com/

Can't see it doing any damage trying but as I already had v64, I can't confirm if it will upgrade your machine to v64.