Author Topic: Software upgrade for Cnm Mini Book not updating?  (Read 7532 times)

phil8715

Software upgrade for Cnm Mini Book not updating?
« on: March 28, 2009, 10:28:29 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to install the new firmware v70 on my Cnm Mini Book.

Followed the instructions as per the Cnm website but it doesn't install. I insert the sd card into the netbook press Shift-FN-F1 as directed in the instructions but When I switch it on then press the keys nothing happens I just get a blank screen when I release it version v47 still shows.

What am I doing wrong?

Leven2e

Re: Software upgrade for Cnm Mini Book not updating?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 12:54:03 AM »
make sure you press the buttons immediately after you turn your notebook on!

phil8715

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 12:43:40 PM »
That's what i'm doing.

Is there anything I need to do to the files?

How long do I have to keep the buttons held? Beacuse I keep hold for about 2/3 min but nothing happens.

utd_grant

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 01:59:16 PM »
Have you tried pressing F3 instead of the other key combination ? That's what I always use to update my Elonex ONEt.

phil8715

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 02:34:05 PM »
Yeah just tried f3 but the same result. Just a blank screen with the lights flashing on the bottom of the keyboard. As soon as I released the keys it boots into v47.

phil8715

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 03:28:28 PM »
My apologies if you saw my last reply posted 3 times. I wasn't spamming I was using a mobile phone and I thought it didn't send properly. As it was it posted it 3 times.

Lochban

Re: Compileing new software for the Elonex One T
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 09:52:26 PM »
Hi guys so daft nubie question how dificult would it be to compile new software for the LLL ? im thinking spesifically ubuntu open office and Gimp ive no experience codeing but a fair amount of experiene with hardware or is this a pipe dream for newbies ?
thanks for taking time to read this
thanks.