Author Topic: a couple of questions from a noob...  (Read 2407 times)

johnc321

a couple of questions from a noob...
« on: March 26, 2009, 12:33:32 PM »
Hello everyone before i ask my question i just want to say how bloody useful this forum is! if it wasnt for this site i would'nt be able to do half the stuff i would want to :)

Now forgive my ignorance but what can i use xip flash player for? is it useful in any way? also is there any kind of way i can stream news/sports/tv through media player (via media player plug in?) and is it difficult to put films on this thing? looking on other topics it seems capable of playing films (even if the quality may not be that great).

I have looked for sites to stream and also tried to think of ways to put films on but if you havent already guessed i am a noob to all this, i dont like simply putting a topic on and waiting for someone to do the hard work for me but for some tasks i simply cant risk messing this notebook while i am away as i do not have the technical know how in reversing whatever mistakes i may make.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 12:35:38 PM by johnc321 »

utd_grant

Re: a couple of questions from a noob...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 04:09:32 PM »
Now forgive my ignorance but what can i use xip flash player for?

You can download Flash games (in .swf format) and play them on the LLL using the Flash player. Yetisports for example.

For compressing films, I wrote a quick tutorial here.

Leven2e

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:50:07 PM »
yes,you can install firefox's mediaplayerconnectivity plugin,see this thread:  http://linuxlaptopforum.ark2webdesign.co.uk/index.php/topic,157.0.html

johnc321

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 09:43:12 AM »
yes,you can install firefox's mediaplayerconnectivity plugin,see this thread:  http://linuxlaptopforum.ark2webdesign.co.uk/index.php/topic,157.0.html

I have installed that a while go for the radio but cannot find any websites it can stream news/sports etc...maybe its just wishful thinking on my part that this machine could possibly stream stuff other than radio...

Leven2e

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 09:46:16 PM »
sorry,I am not 100% sure what you need,probably it's due to my English,would you kindly copy and paste the link,the streaming link that you would like to play?