Author Topic: No 3G option on wireless connection wizard  (Read 9900 times)

alsaf

• Cnm Minibook Mucking About
No 3G option on wireless connection wizard
« on: March 11, 2009, 10:43:34 PM »
I got the CnM Minibook today and in the process of getting an internet connection using a t-mobile mobile broadband dongle.

I have installed the v70 kernel upgrade and the E220 patch obtained from the cnM site and followed instructions but can't get a connection.

I noticed that one the drop down option for device type on my machine is only GPRS and CDMA. I have tried both and is unsuccessful. Does anybody know how to get 3G as the device type?

alsaf

Re: No 3G option on wireless connection wizard
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 11:53:50 PM »
I've managed to get the 3G option in drop down box (not sure how I've done it, I did a system restore and downgrade then v70 upgrade) but when using the 3G device type, I still get time/out error.

I've done the instructions on upgrading to V70 version but the penguin has never appeared which IIRC is supposed to happen when Kernal gets upgraded or downgraded (this happened when I downgraded). How can I confirm I have upgraded to v70 apart from the logon splash screen?

cnmlifestyle

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 12:18:36 PM »
Can I just confirm which 3G Dongle you are trying to use. The necessary steps to get a 3G broadband modem working (depending on model) are:

1. Make sure the Firmware is upgraded to V70.
2. Make sure drivers for the E220 modem are installed (they contain some necessary software which is used by later drivers).
3 .Make sure the E160G / E169G drivers are installed.
4 .Follow the setup guide for the operator you are with from www.cnmlifestyle.com.

Hopefully this will resolve your problem, if not please email us at support@cnmlifestyle.com for further assistance.

cnmlifestyle

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 12:20:52 PM »
Please Note: The 3G option in the drop down will only be present if the latest E160G/E169G drivers have been installed.

alsaf

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 10:44:41 PM »
Just managed to get internet access which I'm just using now to post this.

I have a t-mobile dongle and get it working using the GRPS device type and using t-mobile's DNS servers which is

primary: 149.254.192.126
secondary: 149.254.201.126

Found this link which says almost the same

http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/archive/index.php/t-48832.html

I'm going to log-off and update my blog using laptop. The minibook is cool but murder for touch typing!!!

I will try and find DNS addresses for other networks and post it

Unhban

• Thinks....
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 11:15:54 AM »
Hi Alsaf, there's a few DNS Addresses here:

http://www.filesaveas.com/gprs.html

Unh.

Metradio

• Help and support for the Motorola HT600E and MT600E ex Police hand-portable radios, for re-use and ham radio frequencies..
Mike Burgess
www.ht600e.com
Information on the Motorola HT600E and MT6000E..

CnMBook, unlocked e160g and e169g mobile broadband dongles, trying out the different networks for coverage and speed etc..