Author Topic: Waiting for Black and Pink ONET+  (Read 4991 times)

rmotters

• My blog on the things I am doing with the ONEt
Waiting for Black and Pink ONET+
« on: September 09, 2008, 08:07:32 PM »
I pre-ordered a Black and Pink (for my daughter) ONE-T+ from Elonex, I am still waiting.

I phoned on Thursday last week and the lady said that the Pinks have arrived and everything should be shipped by the end of the week.

Does anybody know of any more delays?

Also, I was thinking of ordering a ONE+ for my CarPC project. Are they available, now?

rmotters

Re: Waiting for Black and Pink ONET+
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 09:42:29 PM »
It has been shipped..... :)

rmotters

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 04:12:09 PM »
More Delivery Woes.

I spoke to dslshop today and they said that there was a problem with one of the drivers, yesterday and some orders did not leave the warehouse.  :'(

They assured me that this will leave today.  >:(

With the amount of different excuses they seem to have, it is a wonder that anybody has got their laptops.

UberBigBarney

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 09:08:53 PM »
That explains why there was no sign of mine today  :'(

Just out of curiosity, may I ask what your CarPC project is?

rmotters

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 11:18:51 AM »
I just spoke to my missus and the delivery van has just arrived...:)

As for my CARPC idea. I posted it here - http://linuxlaptopforum.ark2webdesign.co.uk/index.php/topic,53.0.html

If you are interested.

wolvesinwales

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 01:18:50 PM »
Received a Pink and a silver one today , brought the silver one in to work to have a play but it was totally dead out of the box even after charging for an hour it would not switch on at all.
I had to phone the help line and it was very hard work trying to get the lady to understand anything i was saying and after 20 minutes of repeating my name and the serial number i told her i wanted someone to phone me back ,  someone phoned within 10 minutes and pressing the hidden reset button in on the base got it working , but again the chap i spoke to was very hard to understand and was repeating everything half a dozen times as if he couldnt hear me !
Im impressed so far with the feel of it in relation to my Eeepc and i would say build quality looks better , off to have a play now.

wolvesinwales

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 08:38:27 PM »
Within an hour it was dead again and the reset wont work this time, i had to phone support again and they have given me an incident number and another phone number to call in the morning, im not at all impressed.

UberBigBarney

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 03:03:28 PM »
I put mine on charge when it came because it was dead when it came out of the box, spent three hours fiddling with the programs on it while the bettery was charging, turned it off and left it over night, came back the next morning and the bettery was dead. so left it on charge for the rest of the day and i've had no discharge problems since.
Also the only way to change the bettery seems to be to take the whole unit apart  :(

wolvesinwales

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 04:01:57 PM »
I got home and tried the pink one last night and that one is dead too ! Not even resetting it can bring it to life. Another 3 phone calls and they are sending me a pre paid label to return them, i am taking a chance on replacements as i do like the look and feel of the units , it would just be nice if they actually did anything.

Nick

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 12:47:22 PM »
I am still waiting for my pink OneT

I phoned yesterday to be told that the pink ones were being shipped within the next week.  Or 2!

Another half promise of a sort of delivery date.

Whilst I am still waiting, how about a little puzzle, re-arrange the following words:-

p**s a brewery Elonex organise in up couldnt a

Still Frustrated
Nick

Nick

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 03:59:09 PM »
Phoned yesterday about a pink OneT and they "should be having adelivery in about 7 days"

Is that "calendar days" or "Elonex days" I wonder?

Myss

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 11:06:43 AM »
Within an hour it was dead again and the reset wont work this time, i had to phone support again and they have given me an incident number and another phone number to call in the morning, im not at all impressed.

What's happened since then?  Have they worked since?  I've just made my first post in my own thread about my experience where it also involved two of the three laptops going dead after 5 weeks of use!