Author Topic: Modem Data Counter  (Read 3902 times)

badgeranduni

Modem Data Counter
« on: February 14, 2009, 11:25:44 AM »
Hi all  ;D

I've just bought a Elonex OneT and love it, i've followed the guides to install and use my 3G Huawei E220 Usb modem and it's working perfectly but as i'm on a pay as you go plan i'd like to know how much data i've received. Is there any way of doing this? is there an app i can use?

Many thanks in advance

Leven2e

WiStumbler 2.2
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 11:44:06 AM »
Hi,did you try WiStumbler yet?
See,if it shows some details abotut the network traffic.
http://www.littlelinuxlaptop.com/software/Wistumbler.htm

badgeranduni

Re: Modem Data Counter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »
Hi Leven2e

Thanks for your reply, no i haven't tried WiStumbler yet as i assumed it was for wifi connections, will it work with my data modem? and is it easy to use as i'm definately a newbie  ;D

Cheers

Wildheart Baby

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 11:52:44 AM »
I know with t-mobile I have the ability to see what my usage is on their website, you may be able do the same.
Not an ideal solution obviously.

badgeranduni

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 12:04:44 PM »
Hi Wildheart Baby

Thanks for your reply, yes i can check on 3's website but i was hoping for a desktop type counter. It's not the end of the world without it, it would just be easier and i like an easy life  ;D

Wildheart Baby

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 12:15:41 PM »
I know what you mean. It would be nice if we could use workgroups like you can on a normal version of linux, it would make using on my network easier.

It may be worth contacting Elonex and seeing what they have to say.

Leven2e

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 12:16:32 PM »
Hi Leven2e

Thanks for your reply, no i haven't tried WiStumbler yet as i assumed it was for wifi connections, will it work with my data modem? and is it easy to use as i'm definately a newbie  ;D

Cheers
To be honest,I can't remember clearly,at the moment it's not installed on my one,but doesn't cost anything to try it out.I think it has some logs and reports.