Author Topic: Littlewoods Direst & the OneT+  (Read 4595 times)

Erik

Littlewoods Direst & the OneT+
« on: September 08, 2008, 05:23:04 PM »
Hi all

Out of interest, has anybody actually got a OneT+ from Littlewoods?

I've had a preorder for ages with Elonex, though not heard any more from them, so thought I'd check out Littlewoods.

Anyway, I ordered one last week - £127 including delivery, case, card reader & 1GB wrist vault (I got a £25 voucher code from a web site online), and the delivery is meant to be 11th September (and today it has changed to the 12th, surprise surprise)

No problem with that, but just wondering if I've joined another moving queue..?

cheers

erik

In case anybody is wondering the littlewoods spec is listed as:

LNX Code 8 Mobile 400MHz Processor. 128Mb SD RAM + 2Gb Flash Memory Optimised for Linux. Additional 1Gb Wrist Vault included. 7in High Resolution TFT LCD Display (800x480 pixel Widescreen). Linux Operating system with wordprocessing, spreadsheet, email and internet. WiFi 802.11g. Bluetooth. Braodband connector (RJ45). Audio in/mic (3.5mm), Audio out/headphone (3.5mm). Built in 2x speakers. Comes with accessory pack which includes; Bag, memory card reader, External optical mouse, Headphone set.

The site is:
http://www.littlewoodsdirect.com/

And the voucher code came from:
http://www.vouchercodes.com/

Nick

Re: Littlewoods Direst & the OneT+
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:58:41 PM »
Thats just crazy, I ordered around 6 months ago and have not had any indication of when I will receive my OneT, all communications have resulted in delivery promises that just dont happen.

How can they be offering it for sale in Littlewoods before they have honoured the orders they already have.

Maybe you will get it by 12th, for your sake I wish you luck but I am now getting very annoyed.

Its hard to think of a better way Elonex could have cocked up.

UberBigBarney

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 08:59:11 PM »
Getting information on your order from elonex is like getting blood from a stone, I can't count the number of emails i've sent to customer services.  >:(
Thankfully got the email through today, bit worried about the 28day thing, is DSL as bad as elonex when it comes to timing?

Hopefully everyone gets their orders sorted soon, far too many delays!

Jdub

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 09:38:01 PM »
Got mine direct from Elonex on the 9th September, interesting that the spec from Littlewoods says Bluetooth as Elonex website makes it clear no Bluetooth

helidave

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 07:57:41 PM »
You mention that the Elonex site makes it clear that there is no Bluetooth with the One T. I have been looking for that. Please include a link to where this is stated.

UberBigBarney

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:42:49 PM »
http://www.elonexone.co.uk/onet.html

click on the specs link, its all there

Erik

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 10:07:20 AM »
Well, it has just shown up.. Ordered 2nd September, so ten days start to finish.

It does seem crazy - I pre-ordered three months ago from Elonex and haven't had a peep out of them, and then this..

I'll let you know on the bluetooth, but I'd guess not

Erik

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 12:45:24 PM »
On bluetooth - no, guess they should update their blurb