Author Topic: Brand new wireless optical mouse works OK  (Read 9701 times)

Unhban

• Thinks....
Brand new wireless optical mouse works OK
« on: September 08, 2008, 01:41:40 PM »
Just been to Tesco and picked up a Technika Wireless Optical Mouse, model no. H16MS-01 - it's in a green box. I bought it with trepidation as it says its 'compatible with Windows ME, XP and Vista', and didn't mention Linux. It was £7.47.

Anyway, it works fine so long as you follow the instructions. I just plugged the receiver in and moved the mouse about and it didn't work. What you have to do is plug the receiver in while the E is switched off (I plugged mine into the most frontal slot on the side), then boot up the E, then when fully booted up press the reset button on the receiver, then press the transmit button underneath on the mouse and then it worked straight away.

It's a two button mouse with a scroll wheel which works too and it's 800dpi resolution. It takes AAA batteries (supplied) and you can put it into standby by pressing the transmit button for three seconds. There's a light on the receiver which flickers when you move the mouse and that's handy so you know it's receiving.

Enjoy!

thekanester

Re: Brand new wireless optical mouse works OK
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 02:14:05 PM »
I can also confirm that my Dell wireless desktop works with this also. Just plug it in and away you go!

Unhban

• Thinks....
Re: Brand new wireless optical mouse works OK
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 02:31:53 PM »
Glad that keyboard works too! I was thinking of one of those small folding wireless keyboards but then I thought its all more stuff to carry around when I go away and fairly happy anyway with the E's keyboard. What I could do with is a decent padded pouch for the unit....