Author Topic: IP Radio register  (Read 8764 times)

Unhban

Re: IP Radio register
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 05:00:57 PM »
No, I've not investigated different sites for streaming TV, just used YouTube. Perhaps you could have a look round on your PC and see what sites there are and then try them on the Elonex and let us know what works and what doesn't. We can then go on from there.

Re. your last paragraph :) Well we strive to help as quickly as possible, and we can actually do miracles.... but they take a little longer....  :o

wicknix

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 09:56:28 PM »
Glad that little trick worked for adding other stations to it.  ;D

Leven2e

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 10:24:08 PM »
I am constantly listening to radio station from abroad,and I didn't have any problem.there was no station that I could not listen to.

marsian720

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 09:17:37 AM »
thanks for yours advices. everything works perfect. exept my favorit station. his url is "mms://nordr.live24.gr/sportfm7712"
i put it in the setup.data file but when it starts it plays for a second and then stops. the ipradio saws the "buffering-playing" message but nothing
any help?
thanks anyway
 :'( :'(

Freddie43

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 08:59:59 PM »
Hi

Afraid I've come into this thread rather late...

In some ways I am fortunate in that I have a registered version of IP Radio on my CnM.
Trouble is I don't understand how this mms stuff works! Google doesn't help much, so I am relying on the forum to help me.

I followed the link to shoutcast.com - what an amazing selection of stations out there - but HOW to convert the station urls into mms so I can store them in my IP Radio lists?

- I read wicknix's post:
"An easy way to get streaming radio urls is go to say shoutcast.com and find a station. Then left click on the 'listen now' tab and 'save as'. It will save the .pls file."
- but didn't understand it

Please be gentle - I'm an old greybeard programmer, but a Linux virgin, just returned to the CnM fold.

Thanks in anticipation
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 05:28:37 AM by Freddie »

mewtwo

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 10:50:02 PM »
can't you just play all those streams with vlc player?

Freddie43

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 03:28:15 AM »
Well, since I have a registered version of IP Radio I would rather like to use it.

Anyway I don't know what vicplayer is, where to find it, how to load it, or how to use it.

I just want to know what mms is and how to find the urls...

- I told you I was a Linux virgin!

Unhban

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 10:19:39 AM »
I can't say I've ever used IP Radio with Shoutcast but have used other apps. on different devices and I've always just clicked on TUNE IN on Shoutcast. Some stations work but there are some that don't..... perhaps those not transmitting or gone belly up. But you do have to wait perhaps up to 30 seconds before hearing music while the buffer fills up. Also, some devices prefer http://classic.shoutcast.com

.mms is a sound extension, like .txt is for text  and .wav is for sound too. The app. should just play the music IF it has the .mms codec available. Really, it has nothing to do with Linux.

Unh.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 04:42:35 PM by Unhban »

Freddie43

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 10:54:23 AM »
Thanks Unhban, but maybe I'm not explaining myself too well...

There are two issues here:
1) Yes, I can play things in shoutcast, and
2) IF if have the .mms ref of a station, I can enter it in IP Radio's playlist and play it from there...

BUT the problem is: HOW do I get the mms ref of a station that I like? - so that I can put it into IP Radio's playlist - so far I have only entered those that people have recommended. Is there an mms list somewhere or a search facility?