Author Topic: Server not found for www.google.com (elonex onet)  (Read 3405 times)

happyheth

Server not found for www.google.com (elonex onet)
« on: November 23, 2008, 09:43:30 AM »
I have 2 elonex oneTs. One connects fine to the internet, the other doesn't. At first I tried various things including manually setting the dhcp settings on the first machine, when all that was wrong was the access code was incorrect. Now I wonder if the dhcp settings have stuffed my connection since I can log into my wireless router. I didn't set anything on the 2nd onet other than the correct access code and it works fine.

How can I remove the dhcp settings or is it liekly to be something more sinister?

Thanks, John.

tonyk

Re: Server not found for www.google.com (elonex onet)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 02:36:33 PM »
Are you connecting via a network cable or wireless?
I haven't got my Onet with me at the moment and I can't remember the choices but it's likely there's a 'default' option, or 'automatic'. See if you can connect to your router via the browser - if you can you're half way there. As a last resort you can perform a restore with an image from the Elonex support site (providing you've backed up any data/settings first as it gets wiped). I did this anyway soon after purchasing - it updated a few things and I noticed a general improvement.
Onet + 4GB Transcend SD card

happyheth

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 10:03:32 AM »
I'm connecting wirelessly and can log into the router wirelessly. I suspect that my manually adding a DNS incorrectly, its trying to use that. But I cannot seem to remove the setting. If I knew how to get a terminal session up I could manually change the settings. The base is linux and I am fully competant in linux/unix. I just don't know my way around the oneT yet.

Leven2e

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 08:53:56 PM »
have u installed Xterm yet?

Have a look here. http://194.150.201.35/cnmlifestyle/downloads.htm
here u can find root access too.
The Hun.