Author Topic: How to get SD card to work??  (Read 2810 times)

nappy501

How to get SD card to work??
« on: December 30, 2008, 08:19:18 PM »
Hi

My daughter got a One t for Christmas.  She has taken some photographs on a SD card.  When plugged into the One t nothing happens?

I tried it on my computer and it works fine.  I tried another SD card which works fine on my computer, but nothing appears to happen.

I wondered if it was something I was doing.  But we have tried a usb stick, which when plugged in gives a small icon in the taskbar and loads a folder in file manager.

Do you think there is something wrong with the SD slot?

Regards

Leven2e

Re: How to get SD card to work??
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 08:46:06 PM »
Did you try another SD card if that works? What is the capacity of the card?Did you insert the SD card upside down (this is how you should,picture down)

nappy501

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 10:21:17 PM »
Did you try another SD card if that works? What is the capacity of the card?Did you insert the SD card upside down (this is how you should,picture down)

Hi
Right, I tried the SD card picture side down and that works.  However it does not work on the card she was using, but one of my cards works in it. So thank you for that.

Both SD cards work when I use a USB card reader in the USB port.  I noticed that the card she was using is thinner that the ones I have.

What I shall do is change her card for one of mine and transfer the photos she has already taken onto that card.

Regards

RockDoctor

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 01:00:43 AM »
Both SD cards work when I use a USB card reader in the USB port.  I noticed that the card she was using is thinner that the ones I have.
Are you sure that both are SD cards? If I recall correctly, MMC cards (which are what my last phone used, until I lost it, which is why I'm not sure) are physically quite similar to SD cards, if somewhat thinner. Their electrical contacts are very similar too, if not compatible.

nappy501

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 02:03:49 PM »

Are you sure that both are SD cards? If I recall correctly, MMC cards (which are what my last phone used, until I lost it, which is why I'm not sure) are physically quite similar to SD cards,

Well, I have just checked and you are right, it says "multimediacard" on it in small print, didn't notice as I didn't have my glasses on.

if somewhat thinner. Their electrical contacts are very similar too, if not compatible.

And yes, the SD and the MMC card both work in her camera, so I have replaced her MMC card with an SD card, which work for the camera and the Elonex One t.

Surprising, but true, you can learn something new everyday.

Regards

Janet
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 02:11:41 PM by nappy501 »