Author Topic: cross compiler  (Read 5171 times)

genericname1

cross compiler
« on: October 09, 2008, 08:26:50 PM »
I've no idea how to cross compile could some one please write or link me to a brief guide on how to do it for the onet?

Tinkerer

Re: cross compiler
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 10:24:20 PM »
I've downloaded the mipseltools to my Linux eeePC (developing on an eeePC for a CnMBook -- what next!), but there's no installation instructions in the tarball. Am I just supposed to extract these to the corresponding directories from / (root) or what?

ctagg

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 05:31:46 PM »
Is this the toolchain from the Ingenic website you're talking about? Have just managed to do some cross-compilation, so will try to do a brief howto (though currently stuck with libc issues) if that's what you need.

Rod.Sturmmann

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 07:06:16 PM »
I have downloaded and untarred the compiler:

mipseltools-gcc331-lnx24.tar.gz

Unlike other GNU compilers however, this doesn't contain any configure.exe executables in binutils etc. or anywhere else in the file structure so I am at a loss for how to build it?

I see some people on this site have been asking similar questions about these compilers - downloaded from Ingenic - how they can be built/configured etc.

Given that some others have obviously been compiling cross-compiling for the Minibook with these Ingenic downloads, I would be grateful for any info on how to install the compiler in a Linux or Cygwin environment?  It surely can't be that difficult?

I have great plans for the Minibook if I can only start compiling my own code to run on it.  It's very stange for me that the designers of the Minibook have chosen to offer a small Linux machine which is attractive to hobbyists and developers but they have then left out the very tools on the system itself which make it fun for these people (gcc, make etc.) to use - and then the cross compile tools are difficult to install without any documentation!

Do they want this product to succeed or have they just not realised the potential target market?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Rod...  :(

ctagg

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 10:20:31 PM »
I have downloaded and untarred the compiler:

mipseltools-gcc331-lnx24.tar.gz

Unlike other GNU compilers however, this doesn't contain any configure.exe executables in binutils etc. or anywhere else in the file structure so I am at a loss for how to build it?

Can you post a link to where you downloaded this from. The one I found on the Ingenic ftp stie was mipseltools-gcc412-glibc261.tar.bz2 , which I managed to cross-compile with -- unfortunately it's a later version of libc than used on the Elonex/CNM/etc

Rod.Sturmmann

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 12:06:59 AM »
OK.  Sorry for the "slight delay" replying to this.  I don't know how I have missed it over the weeks past.  ???

I downloaded the compiler from the CnM minibook website:

http://194.150.201.35/cnmlifestyle/source/mipseltools-gcc331-lnx24.tar.gz

It seems to be the preferred compiler amongst the experts.  You used to be able to download the same thing from the Ingenic site:

http://www.ingenic.cn/eng/productServ/kfyd/Linux/pfCustomPage.aspx

but it's not there any more - and the links on the less obvious download page don't seem to work.  I've written to Ingenic asking why - to no avail.

Looking forward to hearing oyur thoughts.

Rod...

rodonn

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 11:35:54 AM »
I've been using the native gcc compiler from wicknix's repository, on the default OS... 4.x (I don't remember the subversion)... seems to work fine, but I'm only using it to re-learn C and a get a grounding in C89 and C99...
Since the 4.x native seems not to break anything, I'd go with the Ingenic's 4.12 gcc and tool chain recommendation...