Hi all, this is instruction how to install Debian 5.0 on LLL.
Sorry for my english.
=== Sistem install ===
You must have installed Linux on your Desktop, SD-card (1 Gb) and
several hours of free time.
1. Insert SD-card in your PC.
2. Donload makesd script:
# wget http://download.goldelico.com/letux-400/trunk/makesd
# chmod +x makesd
3. Edit it. Replace "sdb" in string "[ "$DEV" ] || export DEV=/dev/sdb"
with name of your SD-card (dmesg show you that name).
4. Run it as root:
5. Take SD-card, insert it in LLL, connect Ethernet cable,
press Ctrl+Shift+Fn and press "Power on" button.
6. When booting is finished login as root with
no password and type command:
7. [optional] Create a new user:
root# adduser username
8. Run graphical login manager:
root# /etc/init.d/gdm start
9. Now log into system as root or as created user and install
new software using graphical program "synaptic".
=== Optimisation ===
By default system is slow, but you can do little optimisations:
1. Turn off slow login manager:
root# apt-get remove gdm
To run graphical environment run "startxfce4" command.
2. Turn off icons on desktop:
Settings -> Desktop Settings -> Desktop Icons: none
3. Use simple GTK+ theme:
Settings -> User Interface Settings -> Theme: Xfce-basic
4. Enable sup-pixel fonts antialiasing:
Settings -> User Interface Settings -> Use hinting: none
Settings -> User Interface Settings -> Use sub-pixel hinting: RGB
5. Remove ScreenSaver:
root# apt-get remove xscreensaver
6. Disable IPv6:
root# echo "alias net-pf-10 off" >> /etc/modprobe.d/aliases
Certainly you can install simple window manager like jwm or fluxbox.
=== Limitations ===
System is usefull but have a few limitations:
1. Audio don't work.
2. Wi-Fi shuld work, but I can't turn it on.