Author Topic: IP Radio register  (Read 8613 times)

Leven2e

IP Radio register
« on: January 18, 2009, 06:34:05 PM »
I found it on SkyTone's website.What the heck is it?Wifi patch maybe?
        Name:IP Radio register Download

http://www.skytone.net.cn/en/download_show.php?id=2&smallclass=12&article_id=133

Also "VideoOnline-Register".I didn't try it,I don't need it,my videoonline player works fine.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 09:19:01 PM by Leven2e »

Mnet

Re: IP Radio register
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 09:04:26 PM »
Sounds like it could be some sort of list containing radio stations that stream over the internet.

I'm too scared to try it as everything is working fine at the moment!

ThatWikiGuy

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 09:30:48 PM »
I'm not trying it, last time i downloaded from that site my laptop ucked up
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:29:35 AM by Jay »

Unhban

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 11:35:39 AM »
I downloaded the file, wanting to 'have a go', but looking at the file once d'loaded it's 0 bytes long....

Leven2e

IP Radio Player
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 09:13:07 PM »
Now it can be downloaded,however needs to be registered for full working.By default it has only 4 stations playable.
Shame on them! They should give it for free.Or include in the latest recovery file,fully working.Just like the VideoOnline.The netbook really should know it by default.They ought to apologize for not providing them long time before!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:54:27 AM by Jay »

ThatWikiGuy

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 08:09:22 PM »
boo on that, last.fm for these lappys would be better

johnc321

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »
Do you think it safe to pay for its register? it seems a fairly handy tool (if i could find decent radio stations!) also if i did pay and register do you think i could get hold of british stations while abroad? im going away for 6 months and would like to use the radio on my cnm notebook for the football/news, i would go on streaming radio sites but the media connectivity plug in does'nt work, it keeps asking which kind to use like real player, media player etc when i choose a station.

wicknix

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 08:10:19 PM »
I havent tried this yet, but i noticed the built in 4 stations are just in a .conf file. Edit /share/ipradio/data/setup.data. In it you will see the default 4 stations and their urls. I'm assuming you could just remove those and add your own preferred stations to it.

An easy way to get streaming radio urls is go to say shoutcast.com and find a station. Then left click on the 'listen now' tab and 'save as'. It will save the .pls file. Now open/edit the .pls file. Inside is the url you will need to add.  ;D

Leven2e

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 09:18:58 PM »
once it registered you can add (edit) new stations.But you dont have too if you edit the setup.data as suggested below,but the at every start there will be a pop up to remind you to register this dodgy software..
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:19:53 PM by Leven2e »

Leven2e

Working radio Software!!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 09:28:04 PM »
WickniX ,thanks again for your precious advice!! It's working fine.Nice and easy!!
Also I managed to put on the list mp3s from my Elonex (SD) !
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:17:44 PM by Leven2e »

utd_grant

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 05:36:24 PM »
Wicknix delivers yet again ! Great detective work, dude.   8)

And thanks for pointing me towards Shoutcast - I didn't realise there were so many Internet radio stations out there. I've got a nice selection of rock stations configured on ipradio rather than those bizarre default ones. Good clear reproduction, too !

Unhban

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »
I've been using the MEDIAPLAYERCONNECTIVITY add-on with Firefox to listen to Shoutcast and:

http://archoslinks.weebly.com/canadian-radio.html

but have some problems with:

http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/mp3.asp
(UK stations broadcasting on the Internet but note there's a restrction if you're abroad, whereas archoslinks has no restriction in the ROT World section...)

So... be interested if IP Radio can deal with these OK.

Unh.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 06:27:42 PM by Unhban »

johnc321

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 03:02:55 PM »
Cheers for that, although i am struggling to find a link for bbc 5live/world service that i can save as .pls to use for ip radio. i have looked across the internet, shoutcast only has bbc radio1, and radiofeeds wont let me right click the links if anybody knows other radio sites which can save the link the same way as shoutcast???

Unhban

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 04:22:31 PM »
i would go on streaming radio sites but the mediaplayerconnectivity plug-in does'nt work, it keeps asking which kind to use like real player, media player etc when i choose a station

Hi johnc. After this last post I've re-read your original post and usually a wizard starts up when you first run MPC. It usually does a good job of finding what is on your minibook that will work with it.

However, if it hasn't run and filled in the blanks all is not lost. You need to manually enter the word  xine  into the boxes on the correct page of the MPC config - xine supports many audio and video formats so you can really put it in all boxes! :) (the wiki details them - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xine )

I know that doesn't answer your last post, but hopefully being able to use MPC may help one way or another...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 04:28:04 PM by Unhban »

johnc321

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 04:10:14 PM »
Cheers pal  :) appreciate the help, now all i need to do is find a radio site which will play while i am abroad. Also do you know if this plug in is good for streaming tv/sports? and if so what sites work?

ps i dont know what i would do without this forum, to me it is the bible for my notebook  ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 04:21:07 PM by johnc321 »