Author Topic: Games  (Read 13693 times)

Leven2e

Games
« on: October 18, 2008, 12:50:48 PM »
 Here I found compiled games for Elonex Onet (Simon Tatham's work,I think). Patience
This is a version of the PalmOS Patience Revisited app, adapted for a larger screen. It contains over a hundred different games, many from the definitive PySolFC collection.

Footprint: the program saves files in a ~/.gpatten directory.

,Puzzles-This bundles together 24 puzzles from Simon Tatham's Portable Puzzle Collection. I've added a selector to change between puzzles, and auto-save/-load so the program can be stopped and restarted at will.
Also there is an app
"Memo"
This small app just puts up a dialog with a GtkTextBuffer. When it quits it saves the contents to a file memo-txt in your home directory, and reloads the file next time it's started. Handy for quickly jotting down a line or two of text.

:
   http://freespace.virgin.net/hugh.satow/gtk/

Leven2e

New games and softwares at CnM website!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 06:59:10 PM »
There are some new games with nice graphics on http://194.150.201.35/cnmlifestyle/downloads.htm  !!

Bitefusion
A snake game with 15 levels. Warning Very Addictive

Lianliankan
A game which is heavily inspired by the traditional mahjong solitaire game ShiSen-Sho.

Pengupop
Shoot coloured orbs, group them and they fall down.

Pipe Panic

Pipepanic is a pipe connecting game.

Also :
Large Drive Support
To add support for External Hard Drives, SD Cards and USB Memory Sticks up to 32GB in capacity.

VNC Viewer
A viewer (client) for Virtual Network Computing.

Spell Checker
A spell checker for AbiWord.
Have a nice time you all!!

tonyk

Re: New games and softwares at CnM website!!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:53:48 PM »
There are some new games with nice graphics on http://194.150.201.35/cnmlifestyle/downloads.htm  !!

Bitefusion
A snake game with 15 levels. Warning Very Addictive

Lianliankan
A game which is heavily inspired by the traditional mahjong solitaire game ShiSen-Sho.

Pengupop
Shoot coloured orbs, group them and they fall down.

Pipe Panic

Pipepanic is a pipe connecting game.

Also :
Large Drive Support
To add support for External Hard Drives, SD Cards and USB Memory Sticks up to 32GB in capacity.

VNC Viewer
A viewer (client) for Virtual Network Computing.

Spell Checker
A spell checker for AbiWord.
Have a nice time you all!!

I've installed the games on my Elonex Onet - all work a treat :)

paul3004

Re: Games
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 08:52:06 AM »
Thanks for the pointer to the VNC client
I installed TightVNC (server) onto my Windows XP desktop - free download.
Looked up its IP address on my home network (using ipconfig)
The VNC client found it found it first time! Effectively means I can run Windows Aps via the OneT (at home).
...may even be the answer to all those YouTube dissenters!

Leven2e

VNC
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 03:56:24 PM »
It is really funny,but what is it good for? Nothing much,unless your main,big PC-s monitor's broken or your keyboard.
It is viewer,you won't be able to hear any sound that comes from your other PC's box.

tonyk

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 04:04:28 PM »
You Tube might be a bit ambitious, but how about remoting into servers or even your home computer to access apps & files? Not tried it on my Onet yet but seems like it could be useful.

bafni

Re: New games and softwares at CnM website!!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 05:38:23 PM »

I've installed the games on my Elonex Onet - all work a treat :)

Ran into a slight problem with this. They all try to install at the same position on the desktop, so they overwrite each others icons!

Anybody know how to change the Desktop Tab/Location of a program? It would also be useful to know as my gFTP has landed in the 'Others' tab instead of the 'Internet' Tab

Leven2e

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 08:54:52 PM »
That's what I thought at first.
But what actually u need to do,is highlighting on of them,and use the right arrow on your laptop,you will be landed on the next page :-)

tonyk

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 09:59:30 PM »
That's what I thought at first.
But what actually u need to do,is highlighting on of them,and use the right arrow on your laptop,you will be landed on the next page :-)

I've been wondering how to move icons to other tabs too. I've just tried highlighting one of the icons and pressing the right arrow but it's not moving the icon to the next tab :(

Leven2e

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 11:03:22 PM »
no,it aint :-)

bafni

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 02:13:15 AM »
Sorted this out  ;D

Go into share/applications and you will find a .desktop file for each program you have installed.

Remove the 'ItemIndex=' line and it will drop into the first available slot. Alternately set it to whatever position you want, 0=Top Left, 14=Bottom Right. All the offending programs had -1 in ItemIndex!

To move it to another tab change the 'Categories=' setting, 1=Internet, 5=Others. (You need to restart for it to take effect)

tonyk

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 12:38:13 PM »
Sorted this out  ;D

Go into share/applications and you will find a .desktop file for each program you have installed.

Remove the 'ItemIndex=' line and it will drop into the first available slot. Alternately set it to whatever position you want, 0=Top Left, 14=Bottom Right. All the offending programs had -1 in ItemIndex!

To move it to another tab change the 'Categories=' setting, 1=Internet, 5=Others. (You need to restart for it to take effect)

Brilliant! Just tried this and it works great! I used the vi editor to change the file.

Leven2e

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 10:55:29 PM »
Thanks alot,very useful info,god bless you  ;)
I used GTP and NEDIT to edit.(what is a vi editor for Elonex onet?)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 01:15:39 AM by Leven2e »

tonyk

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 10:18:59 AM »
Thanks alot,very useful info,god bless you  ;)
I used GTP and NEDIT to edit.(what is a vi editor for Elonex onet?)

It's a simple editor on most Linux/Unix machines. I find it much quicker than Nedit as it's purely text based (I also found NEdit to be a bit unstable so removed it). From a term session you can start it by typing vi or vi <filename>

When it starts it's in command mode - press A to go into edit mode and start typing. To go back to command mode press Esc. I've been using these generic instructions - they mostly work in the Onet environment... http://www.cs.colostate.edu/helpdocs/vi.html

bafni

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 08:28:42 PM »
Part II :-)

Go into share/matchbox/vfolders

there are 5 files, 0001.directory to 0005.directory. These hold the settings for the tabs, including names and icons.

I now have Internet - Work - Media - Games - Settings (with appropriate icons) on my tabs :-)

Backup everything up to my SD so as I don't have to re-hack it next time I brick it (and there will be a next time :-)

Guess the next thing is to track down the metrics and make room for more icons/more tabs :-)

Oh, yeah, a friendly footnote to anybody making up packages, please leave the ItemIndex setting out, makes it so much more user friendly :-)